Microsoft Surface is a planned series of tablet PCs designed and marketed by Microsoft. With casing made from ultra-light and highly durable magnesium, Surface looks a carefully thought-out and well-designed device from Microsoft.
It is available in two versions: “Surface” will run the Windows RT OS and use an ARM CPU while “Surface Pro” will run the Windows 8 Pro operating system and use an Intel CPU. The following are their specifications….
- Power: 31.5 W-h
- Storage: 32 or 64 GB and microSD slot
- Display: 10.6 in ClearType HD screen, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Input: Multi-touch screen, Type Cover
- Connectivity: 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi(802.11 a/b/g/n) and USB 2.0, micro HDMI
- Weight: 676 gm
- Power: 42 W-h
- Storage: 64 or 128 GB and microSDXC slot
- Display: 10.6 in ClearType Full HD screen with 16:9 aspect ratio
- Input: Multi-touch screen,Type cover and pen with palm block
- Connectivity: 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi(802.11 a/b/g/n) and USB 3.0, Mini Display port
- Weight: 903 gm
With all these features and much more, the Surface promises to be a revolutionary tablet especially due to its collaboration with the Windows 8 OS. However, no official release date has been announced by Microsoft yet, but the tech company did confirm that the Windows Surface RT will go on sale in autumn this year coinciding with the launch of Windows 8.The Windows Surface RT is set to be a lower-end model compared to the Surface 8 Pro and although no pricing for either tablet has been announced, one can safely say that it will be the cheaper of the two models.
Visit the official site of Microsoft Surface to explore more about the device.